Sunday, August 1, 2010

Congrats to Mom and Kevin!

Big news: Mom and Kevin are engaged! I flew back from my European adventure on Thursday - it was an all day affair mostly because there was a 4 hour delay from Newark to Dulles - so close but so far. Dad picked me up and we went over to Tiffany’s where Joanne, Kristen, Tiffany, Chris, Kevin, Ryan, Morgan and Carter were. It was so good to see everyone! I was tired but excited to be around my people. Friday I was pretty much a waste of space - so out of it. Woke up way too early, had breakfast with Dad and uploaded all of my photos (not exactly sure how many but my guess is about 2,000). I went to have a much needed pedicure and then mom and Kendall picked me up and we went to Chrissy’s to have lunch and catch up. Then I learned that Kevin had designed a ring for mom and it was going to soon be ready. I crashed early that night and mom and I ran errands the next morning before I headed down to DC to see Kristen. Zach’s birthday party was at his grandparents house in Silver Spring yesterday afternoon. I was the first one of our crew there and it was great to see VZD and meet some of the other side of the family. Mom and Kevin came in with Kendall a little while later and were bursting with happiness. I could tell that something was up :) After greeting everyone, mom showed us girls the ring...it is stunning. Then Kevin told Kara and I the story of how he wanted to do it on Friday night but the jeweler wouldn’t have it ready until Saturday. He pulled a letter out that he wrote to mom and had given her earlier that day and read it to us - he started crying when he read it, we started getting teary eyed. How exciting and wonderful for them! I love how our family is growing. The rest of the day was great - and right now Brian, Kara, Mom, Chrissy, Kendall, Lulu and I are all piled in the car on our way down to the Outer Banks for a few days of sun, sand, bbq and good times. I am so happy!

No comments: