Monday, August 23, 2010
nanny diaries
Wow. I really am not sure how parents do it. I am exhausted, worn down and haven't even had the chance to shower today. Arrived to casa morgan e carter last night and had no idea what I was in for. Cutest kids ever for sure. This morning started with syrup with a side of waffles and playing texting with miss morgan. We soon headed out (picture me driving a mini van and punky brewster playing on the dvd player) for whatever the day was going to hold. The library was first - I was most definitely the one that people were probably glaring at like shhhhhhhhhh. But the kids had a great time picking out books and dvds and then doing the self check out (mad skills like their aunt). We then headed to Wheaton Regional for a carousel ride and train ride followed by some playground time. (note to self, when you tell a two year old to wait right there while you take his older sister down the slide first, he is not inclined to listen hence the petrified look on his face as he comes barreling down right after you). Intentions were Five Guys but ended up at McDonald's instead. Nap time was so not happening this afternoon after C finagled his way out of his diaper while in his crib and I stood there like - why don't they ever teach you in school what to do in a situation like this. I had visions of having to call the police department after the door to Morgans room was locked with both kids inside and me panicky on the outside. Before I knew it and after our version of kareoke that I will again be partaking in tomorrow since it was a big hit, it was time for dinner. I could have jumped up and down when M said she wanted something as simple as pasta - love her. C was done by the time we sat down to eat but my timing with cooking has never been a strong suit. Bath time went over fairly well and now I am thinking of all that somehow didn't get done today and taking full advantage of watching the lady gaga special that I know would never fly when there are interesting shows like spongebob on...Happy to report that both kids went down for the night pretty easily since they were exhausted. I just love how he puts his head on my shoulder and how she fell asleep laying against me on the couch. Makes everything all worth it. They are my headstrong, super sweet peeps and we are almost all ready to do it again tomorrow - but first...much needed sleep....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment