Friday, August 13, 2010

lost and found

There are people that come and go in life that make an impact - regardless of when you saw them last. Yesterday the world lost one of those people. Bobbie was a unique and vivacious soul who always spoke her mind and made you feel at home. I will never forget how wonderful she was to me in all the summers that I spent in Salisbury and while I was in college. I was intrigued with her ever since I can remember - and she is responsible for some people that are so dear to me - Lynn, David and Jamie. I will always remember her frankness and sense of humor. We are headed down to the eastern shore on Sunday to attend her service on Monday. I was emotional this morning emailing with Jame feeling their loss and being brought back to the place that I was years ago when Mom-mom died. Grieving is such a hard thing to do and holes that are left from those that have departed are never quite filled.
I was thrilled last week to receive an email from Tara (a good friend from college that I had lost touch with these past few years). Thanks to Linked In she was able to track me down and seeing her name in my inbox made me so happy. We exchanged a few emails trying to catch each other up on the past 5 years or so and met this afternoon! Of course she hasn't changed at all - circumstances have for both of us and we tried to cram as much into a few hours as we could. We are in two totally different places in our lives but are very much alike in some ways. I am so glad that we reconnected and look forward to the next time we get together.
'there came a moment in the middle of the song when she suddenly felt every heartbeat in the room & after that she never forgot she was part of something much bigger'

No comments: