Just a few things that I discovered along the way...
-People all over the world are friendly, will go out of their way for a stranger and want you to love their country-Why not is often a good response
-I can live without a cell phone, my mac and tv for months and feel like I am a better person because of it
-Nothing feels like a shower
-American music is listened to everywhere
-Do not hold a cup of hot tea between your legs (especially in a moving vehicle)
-Planes get you there faster but you miss the scenery and hours of reflection provided by trains
-There is nothing like family - regardless of how you are related or how long you have known each other
-Coffee is meant to be enjoyed slowly savoring each sip while sitting (no take away)
-Czech beer is unlike any other (in fact, non-alcoholic czech beer tastes better than any american beer according to my cousin)
-Shoes should not be worn on yachts
-Amazing people will fly all over and buy $$ tickets to travel with me - I am a lucky girl
-Euros, francs and kronas go quickly!
-The world is a huge playground that I have only scratched the surface of
-I am not above miming to communicate
-Sometimes hotels, food and views are worth splurging on
-Driving on the other side of the road is not horribly difficult (especially when it is 4 am and there are no other cars on the road)
-there is a difference between the Queen's English and the English we speak
-Ask how much things such as brunch at the Ritz and beers in Italia are before partaking
-there are all kinds of things you can do with potatoes (even on the same plate 4 different ways!)
-cheers on the bottom of a glass not to pass the plague
-I can still pass as a student
-As Americans we are lucky for many reasons: we can go wherever we want, vote for whoever we want, etc. but we lack the traditions, history and culture of other countries
-A simple life is appealing
-Patience and positivity go a long way
-Everyone has a story
-I am comfortable not knowing what is being said around me
-Everything happens for a reason
-As a country, we have much to learn
-Thank you sounds similar in many languages. Tone says a lot
-Never judge a book by its cover
No comments:
Post a Comment