Monday, August 16, 2010

the eastern shore

This morning I was brought back to another time and place - it was 12 years ago and just before the shore was filled with people, I pulled down 142nd street in Ocean City and plopped myself on the beach. Feet in sand, book in hand, the sounds and smells the same as it was a dozen years ago when I was an OCMD local and life was simpler. It wasn't long that I sat there absorbing all that was going on around me and zoning out at the same time- but it was glorious. I wished that I had more time and hope to plan a few days down there before fall. I am so glad that Kendall got to experience a summer in oc - what great friends I made and memories I have of nights out, sun-filled days and never being bored for three summers when things weren't necessarily perfect but they were pretty fantastic. Of course there was also smelling like a mixture of crabs, old bay and grease and no air-conditioning but I would do it all over again if given the chance.
Today was Bobbie's service. It was wonderful to see everyone and my heart goes out to their whole family. It still doesn't feel real.
After the burial we drove by the University which I have not done for years. It was a strange feeling like not much time had gone by and yet it was ten years ago that I graduated. There are things that I miss about eastern shore living but I think at the end of the day - I am a city girl at heart. At least for now :)

No comments: