Tuesday, July 27, 2010

my last day of european holiday...

It has been a great past week -Jen and I drank radlers at beer halls, had our fair share of wursts, went on the beer challenge that was super fun and toured the castle that inspired the one in Disney World. Berlin is a beautiful city where much is centered around the river and we found ourselves there often. We did a 4 hour walking tour and learned much about the history and horribleness of Hitler's reign. Stockholm was rainy but fun! We stayed at this hostel on a boat that was literally one of the smallest rooms that I have ever entered and how we fit both of us and our stuff in there is beyond me...Gothenburg is an undiscovered gem. Every single person has asked us why we are here - it is pretty funny. Why wouldn't we want to be here? It is a cafe centered town and you can ferry to islands. Today we are off to Copenhagen - and then tomorrow back home. It is almost over - every wonderful, interesting and unique minute of the last 60 + days. I woke up two hours before the alarm this morning just thinking of all that has happenend, all that I have learned, all that I am anxious to do when I get home...the next time I pack my back pack it will be to send it over the atlantic ocean full of dirty clothes and memories. Ciao for now...more to come with hundreds of photos!

No comments: