Monday, July 19, 2010

munich - i have arrived!

Woke up this morning in my home away from home (Jitka´s flat in Prague 4) after 9 unreal days in the Czech Republic. We walked miles, saw many cathedrals and castles, mastered the tram system, sat in gardens people watching, met up with more relatives and friends and hours flew by. I am already looking forward to my next visit with my Czech family whenever and wherever that might be. Jitka soaked up the American magazines that I had stopping to ask questions every so often. I have no clue what I would have done without her. We had our last breakfast together before heading to the train station...I boarded the Prague train to Munich and about 6 hours later stepped off into the sunshine. I easily found my hotel and will be here on my own just for the night (free internet and coffee so look out!) before meeting Jen tomorrow morning at our hostel that is only a block or so from here. Then - flashpackers reunite - let the games begin! Luckily, English seems to be widely spoken here -whew.
Val sent me an email yesterday asking what I had learned in my travels. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this and have started a list - I hope to watch it grow as the trip continues.
Hard to believe that in a week and a half or so, I will be back in the states - able to understand the conversations around me and not having to convert currency which lets face it - I dont do very well anyway - ha.
Okay - off to do some exploring and drinking of the so called rattler thing and consuming of some kind of wurst or another. Cheers!

No comments: