2011 rang in fairly quietly (or maybe there was a reason that I hardly noticed...) I spent it in Georgetown and headed to Old Town Alexandria on the 1st for Kristen and Bob's football party. Great friends, good food, a plethora of games and cocktails - not a bad way to start the year. The next day I headed up to Baltimore and spent the afternoon marveling at my niece. I got to see Suzy, Bill and Colleen who has gotten so big and is just presh. Afterward, I met up with a certain someone whom I had not seen since the summer of 1996 and had the biggest crush on in high school. We had a great time attempting to summarize the last 12 years - no wait, I am so horrible at math 15 YEARS oh my! - of our lives that have gone in very different directions. I was not ready for the night to end. Hung with K, B and M that night and got to spend some quality time with Makenna when we both should have been sleeping. She loves her some night hours though - as soon as it is dark and quiet, her eyes open big. We were dealing with some French Embassy visa yesterday and today and hopefully it will be in Kendall's hot little hands very soon so we can all take a deep breath. 3 more weeks until we leave for our European adventure! I am having to choose between the lesser of several evils for a lot of these hotels/hostels... forgot how much fun and stressful trip planning can be. I know that it will be great though and can just picture us gingers frolicking in squares and indulging in cafes.
I have been blogging now for two + years. I am doubling my posts from the previous year by the looks of things. Maybe this year I will write even more...
Sometimes I feel too much to a fault. I want to do great things and for everyone to feel loved, be happy, warm, kind to one another. I want to make a difference in big and small ways; to be and spread sunshine.
“Let your light shine. Be a source of strength and courage. Share your wisdom. Radiate love.” – Wilferd Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment