Tuesday, January 11, 2011

quote obsession and snow day

I realized recently how much I love quotes. Whether it is something that I come across when reading a book, a certain lyric in a song or what someone says that sticks with me - I just want to compile them all and have them in this endless treasure chest of things that speak to me. Came across "people don't take trips, trips take people" and so believe that to be the case.
I finished my first book* [One Day, highly recommend and quotes to come] on my new kindle! I must admit, it has become somewhat of a staple in my purse. I love being able to have it with me wherever I go and whip it out when and wherever. I read on the D2 bus, at endless coffee shops, in the car, at the store - borderline crazy - I do realize this.
It's been an interesting week. I decided about this time last week that I want to stay in the same ever-changing and muy interesante industry. It was literally as if suddenly a bulb went off and I was like - oh, yes, this is right. I am feeling better about where I am going and what I will be doing career-wise than I have in quite some time.
The first snow fall of the year started tonight. Of course it was way hyped up with counties closing schools early and everyone expecting the snow to fall at any minute. It is pretty to look out and see the trees lined with a sparkling white frost. Its almost as if time freezes for a bit and things just stay quiet and peaceful and just as they are. (That all being said, I hope that it is all gone by tomorrow and doesn't interfere with any plans/traffic/or the roads but that seems highly unlikely) and so I will sit back and relish in the fact that there is no where that I have to be and that these are some of the best days of my life.
"If you hold onto the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of self control. But its more fun if you just let the wind carry you"

No comments: