Wednesday, January 19, 2011

vertigo and the power of an email

I am not sure when it started...maybe sometime in the past 2 years or so...but vertigo certainly does take its toll on me. Usually it is some inopportune time like when I am griping on for dear life descending on the escalator at Dupont Circle metro (one of the longest I have ever encountered!) or when I am walking down the steep, skinny, make-shift steps of an ancient ruin in the jungles of Cambodia. In any case, it sinks its teeth into me and makes me feel like I am going to tumble at any moment. Weird, right?
Lately, I have been reminded of how even the briefest email can trigger all types of emotions. Whether it is from someone that you met when least expected to and one of the only things that you had in common was the English language - and even that was debatable, or it was from someone that you hadn't heard from in eons...it can be a very strong and emotion-provoking medium.
Took Kendall to get her visa yesterday so it looks like it is all a go! We are leaving in 5 short days and I have even started packing a little bit which is way ahead of the game as far as I am concerned.
Still need to figure out which direction my life is going to go once I return to the states ...time for another trip? Time to get serious about finding a job that I love? Time to visit some friends in other parts of the country that I haven't seen in a while? Time to go through stuff and try to clear the clutter that doesn't seem to be going away on its own...options and the unknown can be a beautiful thing.

"Sometimes you are aware when your great moments are happening, and sometimes they rise from the past. Perhaps it is the same with people."

No comments: