Saturday, January 15, 2011

good friends

Spent the past few days on the eastern shore with great friends that I don't get to see enough of but love our relationship and popping into their world for a bit whenever I can.
First I did something that I have not in a long time. I went shopping. Wasn't really planning on finding anything spectacular but was pleasantly reminder how many great deals are at the outlets and much was too good to pass up. So I picked a few things up for my winter european galavant (leave in 9 days!), bought pajamas for some of my favorite kids and even found a winter coat on sale for under $20 for K - all in maybe an hours time. I stopped by the Keefe's in Easton to spend the afternoon drinking hot tea on their couch and catching up on all that has been going on since the holidays. Swear that they have a busier social calendar than me! Love getting their perspective on things. I made the mistake of following the gps to take the back roads with Rick and Shelly's and knew I was in trouble when it announced that I had arrived at my destination and I was in the middle of no where. Awesome. We had two great and full days together - marveling at Grace who turns two in a week and is just as sweet as can be, jamming to Cee Lo Green and Annie tunes, popping in and out of stores in Rehobeth, eating, drinking coffee, catching up, figuring out the future and soaking each other up. It was hard for me to leave them last night after dinner to drive back to the other side of the bridge. Soon after I got back to DC, Jen came over and we stayed up talking and trip planning until wee hours. She had an interesting proposal that I cannot stop thinking about and it is amazing how truly addicting travel is. I am lucky to have the people in my life that I do whether I went to college with them and they can tell me things that I have forgotten or I have been lucky enough to meet them through my sisters or other friends. they are all beautiful people that add so much joy to my every day.
"The trick of it is to be courageous and bold and make a difference. Not change the world exactly, just the bit around you. Go out there with your double fist, your passion and work hard at...something. Change lives through art maybe. Write beautifully. Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved if at all possible. Eat sensibly. Stuff like that."

No comments: