Friday, December 31, 2010

is it bad that I don't want this year to end?

This year was so wonderful that I think I am in denial about it almost being over. It truly flew by and now it is just a few hours away from 2011 and I am so going to be optimistic and think it will rival 2010. We shall see.
I learned much about myself, my family history and what its like in far away lands. I would not trade any of the experiences that I had for anything. Highlights: sitting on the rocky beach watching the surfers in peru, watching the picturesque scenery of the north and south island roll by in NZ, falling for a gazillion-aire and ending up on a yacht in cannes, having tea with dwaeber in Zurich when she was expecting others, hanging with kristen in southern portugal, being with the girls at the ritz in ireland, every second of the time I was in the Czech Republic, beer gardens and tour in munich, houseboat rainstorm in stockholm, new hope kids in siem reap, angkor wat...I am a very lucky lady.
I have started looking into hostels/hotels/places for me and Kendall to stay on our European tour. After hours of reading reviews and having to pick up my jaw from the floor at the crazy high prices, I am not any further than I was. I know it will all work out and come together but wowzers -I guess there is something to be said about tour groups where I didn't have to worry about any of this. Its been a great few days hanging with the Drenning-Bickley clan, hanging around GP in coffee shops and scoping for hispters with Bridget (who as it turns out is my neighbor - yay!), watching MD play ECU with the whole Keefe crew, celebrating being in the same part of the world with the Waeber girls and spending time in Baltimore doing some night shifts with Miss Thing. I have no clue how moms function. After the first night I was so tired and looked like I had been hit by a truck. Absolutely adore every minute that I am able to spend with Makenna. She is so sweet and snuggly. She makes the cutest little faces where her forehead wrinkles and little sounds...can hardly wait to hold her again soon.
To all of the wonderfulness that this past year has held, and all of the fabulousness that will be in 2011
" May every sunrise hold more promise, and every sunset hold more peace."

No comments: