Saturday, December 25, 2010
a very merry Christmas
Christmas festivities are coming to an end after all of the running and hustle and bustle and merriness of it all. I can hardly believe it. This was a different year for me with not shopping and buying presents and trying to stay out of the stores. But you know what? It was just as good. Its not the gifts and the sales and it was really important for me to try to stick to it. I was moved by the service we attended last night and overwhelmed by the spirit of Christmas - and the miracles that surround us. I often forget to sit back for more than a minute and reflect. If I did, I would marvel at all of the people in my life...at how we are enter-twined. We had a great celebration last night at the Willoughby's with friends and family. Definitely missed those that were not there this year (Kara, Brian, Makenna, Lynn, Dick, etc.) We must be getting old because when the clock struck midnight and it was officially Christmas day, we were pretty much all tired out, cleaned up and getting ready for bed. This morning, we went over to mom's to do our Christmas with her and Kevin. I think the cards were a hit and it is now hard to imagine life without him in it. I received some love offerings :) - clever! and we had breakfast before Kendall and I headed back to the main campus. I headed to Frederick in the afternoon and it was a great day spent with Kenny, the boys, Grandma and Grandad Keefe, Tiffany, Chris, Dad, Joanne and Kristen. We dined like kings and queens and watched the kids open gifts. There was ping pong tournaments going on -- something that dad is amazing at and I want to be able to do better! The day flew by...and now somehow it is almost the day after Christmas. I am thinking about all of the people that I met this year spread all over the world - and of course the kids in Southeast Asia. I am warm and full and in the company of people that I love - what more can I possibly ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment