Thursday, December 2, 2010

the happenings

I have been wanting to write for days and yet only now do I have a few minutes to actually sit down and do it. I know that sounds crazy considering I am not working, I am not raising children, I am not planning a wedding or grand event or going to school. But I sure have been doing a lot of running around lately - and I wouldn't have it any other way.
In a nutshell, Thanksgiving was great. Love being surrounded by so many wonderful people over mouth watering food and feeling so full of love and happiness. Black Friday I could not even fathom going near a mall especially since I decided that I am not really buying gifts this year. Kara and I did head down to the Cope acoustic show in Annapolis. It was great - love his new stuff and got to see him after the show to give him his Laos patch:
"I've been to Paris. I've been to Rome. I've never been to Laos but I'll lie and say I've gone"
Saturday we did the Choy family Thanksgiving which was a lot of fun - all 23 of us. And now the week has flown by... I got to spend an afternoon with Rosie and Porter, lunch with Susan and crew, celebrate Suzy's birthday with her and Kara, go through the seemingly endless number of boxes in the basement, etc. And somehow - it is December...and I am excited to hit the road tomorrow for New York for the weekend.
I have been feeling a bit restless. I don't like any of the same songs that are on the radio. Nothing on tv interests me. I feel like my attention span is shorter. I have only been home for 2 weeks but I feel like I am ready for something else. Enter: Carole. We have spoken several times this week and she told me some interesting things that I am being open to...stay tuned. Also, Kendall and I are headed to Europe! Hoping to book flights tonight and really cannot wait to go back overseas with a cute little ginger :)
'Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life'

No comments: