Saturday, December 6, 2008

December already?

It is fair to say, the rest of my time at home was pretty fantastic. Of course I didn't quite get as much time with everyone that I would have liked but it wasn't too much crazy running around and I got to spend lots of time with the fam.

I flew back on Tuesday, went to the Oasis concert in Oakland on Wednesdayand totally needed this pretty chill weekend.

Yesterday I decided I am going on this amazing cruise in February with Dad. Really, it's such a good deal and we are going to all places that I haven't been before but want to go like Costa Rica and Panama - two weeks off works which I am not sure that I have ever done...two months from now ;)

Julia decorated our apartment today and it looks so good! She has a knack for throwing things together and making it look fabulous. We had a good day today running around town. Definitely starting to feel like the holdiays which somehow have been sneaking up. I really need to get Christmas shopping!

Tuesday I am headed to Atlanta for an AMD meeting. I can't wait for Thursday night when Suzy, Kathy, Alia and I are all getting together!

Today is Meredith's 30th - she is throwing down in NYC. I'm really glad that we got to catch up while I was home.

I finally saw Twilight and LOVED it...I am obsessed with vampires and started reading the second one - New Moon. I am also reading Three Cups of Tea which started slow but now is so interesting. I am in awe of how some people can truly make a difference in the lives of so many people. And it is really cool because Greg lived in "the Bay area" for a bit and so it references a bunch of places in San Francisco and Berkeley. I must admit I am not very good at reading more than one book at once but I'd like to think that I have other talents :)

“Go for long walks, indulge in hot baths, question your assumptions, be kind to yourself, live for the moment, loosen up, scream, curse the world, count your blessings, just let go, just be.” – Carol Shields

No comments: