Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday before Turkey day

So as you may have picked up, I have been extra excited about Thanskgiving this year - partically because we skipped it last year and partically just because I have been itching to see my family, eat and visit. I flew home on Saturday - changed my flight so that I could be there for Kristen's 29th Birthday throw down in DC. Brian picked me up at BWI and we headed down to Tiff and Chris' to pick them up, kiss the kids, freshen up and see Dad and Jo. Today is Kristen and Joanne's actual birthdays. Happy birthday to two truly fabulous ladies! I love, love, love you guys and know that I am not always the easiest person to put up with and you do it so very well. You both mean so much to me, I can't even find the right words to explain it. I am blessed that our lives have become so entertwined.
So Saturday night was super fun (to use a Kendall term) - we had quite the crew at Kristen's - drank, ate, hung out, laughed a bunch (tick tock). Kristen performed the Thriller dance which is something that I will not soon forget! Of course then like 20 of us piled into a number of DC cabs and headed down to The Bottom Line. We always have a great time at this hole in the wall place with sticky floors, a make shift dj booth in the back and lots of intersting people. It also helps that Kevin usually hooks us up like crazy and we never leave remembering everything that went down on the dance floor :) VA Ben showed up - it was great to see him and crazy to me that we have known each other as long as we have - I think it's like 5 + years...fast forward to mid-day Sunday ;)
We celebrated Joanne and Kristen's birthdays in Frederick. Everything was great about that day. The food was so delish! Football was on, Dad made bloody marys, we told stories from the previous night, Morgan was running around being cute and Carter was drooling all over everything. Lindsey brought Maddy by after dinner - oh my! I haven't seen them since she was only a few weeks old and the difference is unreal. She is so pretty and let me hold her the whole time. I think we bonded because we both had fuzzy boots on but I felt extra special because Linds said she is usually not like that with people she doesn't know very well. Kara dropped me with Mom and Kendall and we drive Ken up to school. Mom and I hung out for a bit before I totally crashed from all the weekend festivities.
Yesterday I had the day off which was so nice. Mom and I had breakfast together and visited before I head out to see Jaime and Jackson. Jackson was born the day after I left MD my last visit. He is so smiley and precious. I got to spend a few hours with them hanging inside on a cold Monday - we caught up, had lunch, looked at pics, watched the baby and all of the expressions! After that I headed up to Heather's to hang with her and Siena who I hadn't seen since the day she was born. Her eyelashes are crazy long and I just got to hold her the entire time that I was there. I can't tell you how awesome it was to spend the day with two of my closest friends and their adorable children that call me Aunt Kelly :)

No comments: