So -whole SoCal trip was great. Sunday we went to brunch with Ken, Martina and the boys and then headed to the beach. It was crazy windy - like Tiffany literally thought Morgan was going to blow over. But still was so nice to put my feet in the sand and be close to the ocean. I forget the name of it but Uncle Kenny said that the Beach Boys wrote a song about it and it began with a D. Ha...We went and had bloody marys at this cute spot on the water then headed to Ryan's baseball game. That night all five of us checked into the Anaheim Marriott and piled into their hotel room. It could have been interesting but was actually fairly uneventful. Carter slept 11 hours! The next morning after we were caffenieted, Tiffany and I put the kids in the car and headed to Long Beach ** Note it took us a few hours to get them ready, ourselves ready, etc - it is a completely different world and my gosh does Tiff handle it like she's been doing it forever. She remembers stuff I would forget and is prepared for pretty much whatever situation may come our way - I was super impressed. We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific which was packed with strollers and kids everywhere but was actually pretty cool because they let you pet the sting rays and fish and whatever else is under water. There was a super cute restaurant around the pier called Parker's Lighthouse (I admit, I just had to look at my online statement to figure that out because my memory is not so good). Lunch was delish and on our way back to the car with two sleeping kids (which made me feel like we accomplished something huge), we encountered a film crew. There were so many cameras, people running around, equipment - it was nuts. I asked one guy what we missed and he told us they just finished shooting a scene for Prison Break - WHAT! I was super excited - he said they were heading over to the aquarium next and so so did we :) It was really neat to watch them in action although we didn't see anyone that I recognized. I still put my lip gloss on just in case...you never know and I am my mother's daughter. Tiffany and the kids dropped me off at LongBeach airport - Morgan was saying she wanted to go to Aunt Kelly's (omg - seriously, how cute?) and I flew back to SFO. I did purchase a few fun pairs of tights at the Target down there and sported a pair to work this week. Big fan. Next week at this time I will be on a plane headed home for Thanksgiving - I really can't wait! I am getting so excited - lots of fun stuff planned - Kristen and Joanne's birthday celebration on Sunday, visiting Heather and Jay on Monday and then girls night at Suzy's that night. Thursday at Chrissy's, Friday in Easton/Cambridge, Saturday at Dad and Jo's. Last year at this time we were getting ready for Ocho Rios! What a fun trip that was...Okay, I really need to jump in the shower - tonight I am going to Oakland to see Carrie Underwood and Little Big Town. Should be a great show - Johnny invited me and was able to get 2nd row seats!! I love, love, love the American Girl song (got tears in my eyes when I heard her sing it last time) Just got to catch up with Shelly -it had been a while and I actually didn't even know she was having a GIRL until I got the shower invitation! Grace Louise Deale - she will be here in a little over two months. Check out this quote --- love it!
"There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good"
No comments:
Post a Comment