Friday, December 12, 2008

the ATL

Just got back tonight from Atlanta - it's been years since I have been there- like I really don't remember the last time that well. Such a cute town! Very spread out but I really liked it. Come to find out the airport there is the busiest in the world... I had no idea. Tuesday night we went to a mexican/tapas place with Brian, Angela, Suzy and the rest of the west coast AMDs. I have had a lot on my mind so even after quite a few glasses of sangria, I had a hard time sleeping. Two days of training/meetings followed and it was actually better than I expected. It is really hard to manage people when you have no idea what you are doing. I came out of it wanting to be better and hoping that I can make changes to my style and provide more direction and support for my team in the next few months. We will see. Last night was so fun! Suzy and I took a cab to Fados and crashed the Atlanta holiday happy hour --mostly to hang with Alia and Kathy. Afterwards the 4 of us went to Lola where we had reservations. It was so great to all be together, sipping bellinis and catching up. I really miss them! We dropped Alia off at her condo (very Melrose Place-ish apparently) and spent the night at Kathy and Erik's. Their home is so beauitful...today we worked out of the office a bit and then headed to the airport. One week from today, I will be back on the east coast for the holidays! I really need to get shopping

No comments: