Sunday, December 14, 2008

raindrops falling on my head

Last night I went to my very first ugly Christmas sweater party. It was hilarious! A tradition that I hope to keep up for quite some time. Iz and I meet up yesterday morning for coffee and ran some errands. She starts work again tomorrow. This week is secret santa week at work so we drew names and each day bring in something for our person for $3 - I got hers which is kind of fun. I woke up to rain this morning - my first thought was nice, a rainy Sunday and I can stay in bed, my second was poor Julia who had gotten up hours before and was running in a relay race in the wet and cold. Eventually, I braved the rain and headed down to SOMA in an attempt to find a Dora sleeping bag - after going to 3 places...I wasn't even able to find a sleeping bag let alone one with Dora on it. I felt so defeated - that was the only thing that the 7 year old from the family giving tree requested. We will see what I can possibly find between now and tomorrow morning. I got caught in the rain everywhere that I went and must have been quite a sight trying to manuever on the streets and bus. I've come to accept the fact that I will never be one of those people that don't even look like they get wet or are affected by the rain. Nope, not me. I am the one fighting with my umbrella, in my rain boots, make-up probably smeared, juggling bags- quite the sight to see I am sure. I was able to get 98% of my Christmas cards done today. I know works is going to be crazy this week - our holiday get together is on Tuesday afternoon at the Bebo office. I can't get warm in our apartment this weekend. Even broke out the heating blanket tonight, but still chilly. Better get some Zs before Monday is here.

No comments: