Thursday, September 9, 2010

the city that never sleeps

Spent Labor Day weekend 2010 in NYC hanging with people that I love, consuming as much delicious food as I possibly could, playing tourist on 3 double decker buses and laying out in Central Park. I realize I have not labored very hard this year but was thankful for the long weekend and appreciate all of those that have/do and how hard I have worked up until this year :) The bus ride to the big apple was quite horrible - I won't even go into it but be thankful that you were not on that bus (stick with megabus people and not other random lines!)
I loved being surrounded by so many different languages and could probably spend all day and night people watching. It is a much different scene than any other city I have been to and yet each time I go I fall a little more in love with it. If only the rent wasn't sky high...we found out that there are more people that live in Brooklyn than Manhattan which is hard for me to believe. Mer asked me to be in her wedding which I am thrilled about! Of course I don't necessarily know where I will be next week but I know that April 30, 2011 I will be in ny in a black dress with my dancing shoes on.

No comments: