Monday, June 7, 2010

helllooooooo from Zurich!

I am just over a week in to my trip and let me tell you, it has been truly fabulous! I feel blessed and lucky and am so freaking happy. Yesterday I arrived in Geneva Switzerland and trained to Zurich. I was truly exhausted after little sleep the night before and really could have slept the 3 hours but the greenest green I have ever seen and the super beautiful architecture beckoned my attention and so I watched the countryside roll by...
This afternoon I am meeting a fellow Waeber who has a special place in my heart because my grandfather came to visit her when I was in high school. I called her this morning and she answered and started speaking another language and I was nervous that we couldn't communicate and then she said - sorry - and spoke to me in English and invited me over today to have tea! So in about 4 hours I will arrive to her house which is apparently only a 5 minute tram ride from downtown. I cannot wait!
I am beyond thankful and very grateful to Suzy for putting me in touch with Jen while she was having her adorable little girl - Colleen. Jen and Bill have been amazing these past 24 hours - lending me their cell phone when I am out and about, letting me charge my ipod and my camera batteries, letting me make calls home, use their computer, do laundry...all of the things that I took for granted but after living out of this backpack for only 9 days am so appreciative for!
The South of France lived up to it's hype. The water was gorgeous, yachts filled the sea, the beaches were rocky and it was fairly expensive but so worth it. I have been loving croissants and bagguettes and pizzas and paella....hmmmmmmm...So the whole EAT part of my journey is definitely happening. Last Tuesday a portion of the LOVE section as well :) We will see what happens the rest of this journey.
I am feeling so blessed and like there is no where else in the world that I am supposed to be at this very moment but here - experiencing all of these cultures, surrounded by languages that I cannot understand, reflecting, clearing the clutter and living in the present. Life is grand!
Next up - plan to over-night train to Barcelona on Wednesday and meet up with Kristen in Barcelona on Thursday. Can't wait for our adventure~

No comments: