Tuesday, June 8, 2010

bells and trains

My bed in Switzerland is literally just a few feet away from this awesome clock tower that rings every 15 minutes -I love the bells and have gotten quite used to them in my just over two and a half days in Zurich. They are festive and European and welcoming. (Besides, I don't have to fumble to find my watch in the morning - just listen out for the chimes and then I know what time it is and usually it's time to get out of bed at that point).
Jen and I went on a boat cruise of Zurich Lake today and let me tell you it was so nice. Peaceful with postcard scenery everywhere we looked. The snow covered Alps were in the back ground and yet it was 80 + degrees and we were sunning ourselves on board hoping to soak up a little sun. The water was smooth as glass and the clouds looked like airplane writing. It was such a nice way to spend the afternoon. We returned to the neighboring town and had lunch outside before walking back. We stopped at the market and the bakery, showered, did laundry and were ready to open up some wine when Bill got home from work. It was nice to have dinner at home and just hang out - it rained just a bit - we were thankful that it held out until tonight. After dinner and some midget talk, I decided to look into how to best get to Barcelona and all I know at this point is this: it's not going to be easy. Not really sure why it has to be so complicated, only know that I need to be in Spain on Thursday morning. There is an over-night train that I am leaning toward taking although now it looks like it turns into a bus and is more than 12 hours ...so we shall see. I am going to head down to the train station in the morning and see what options I have. St Tropez - so close but so far...

No comments: