Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What Switzerland is like...

Want to be able to paint a picture of where I am for all of those not with me:
-the dandelion fuzzies float through the air
-there are ants all over much of the ground
-there are hills and cobblestone, winding streets
-there are fountains on more corners than there are not - where fresh, cool water flows and people gravitate
-no air-conditioning
-beautiful shutters
-it is so very clean and safe
-the buses run right on time
-people greet you by saying grezie or something similar and then easily switch to english when you say hello
-no one cuts grass because of the wild flowers
-vibrant greens everywhere
-the home have brown sloped roofs that I have never seen before but make me feel at home
It is a very cool part of the world. I found out yesterday that Tina Turner lives just down the road. Looks like I will be staying a bit longer, all trains headed in the direction of Barcelona are FULL, so I will be flying out of Basel bright and early tomorrow morning. There are worst places to be. It is hard for me already to say my favorite place - even with being in almost countries in two weeks, I can say they are all so unique and desirable for different reasons.

No comments: