Tuesday, June 15, 2010

not what I expected...

so I thought that Iwould be roughing it over here quite a bit - eating fresh fruit from markets for lunch, hiking up a storm, staying in places that are a bit questionable. Not so much. Instead, I have stayed at some of the coolest spots imagineable. Case in point - our awesome hotel in Seville - it was music themed, gorgeous tile throughout and in a perfect location. We thought that we were completely and totally spoiled until we checked into our hotel in Lagos. After a 4 + hour bus ride from Seville (which thanks to my ipod and book went by really quickly!), we grabbed the only cab in sight and headed to the Vila Gale Lagos. Behold this sprawling, practically brand new resort with an amazing pool. We were practically drooling when we checked and Kristen actually upgraded us to a sea view room. The town is adorable - glossy ceramic floors, the people are so friendly and just want to make sure that you are loving portugal the country that they are so proud of and happy with, the food is delish - fresh fish, olives, red table wine for under ten euro. Most of the morning we spent at the pool. This afternoon we headed to the marina and went sailing for a few hours. We did a little tour of the grotto which was very cool to see up close and often took the shape of different animals and pointed out by our hard to understand driver. For me, the trip is two and a half weeks in and I cannot believe all that I have seen and done - four plus countries, amazing culture, and perhaps most disturbing -a bull fight in Seville

No comments: