Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I can't keep my west and east side straight

I have been doing my best to soak up my people since we got home from the beach. Here is the quick run down:
Wednesday night I stayed with Tiffany - loved seeing the kids faces when I walked in the door, Morgan and I spent the afternoon together which was load of fun and a learning experience!
Thursday I headed down to DC - my new home town - it was a gorgeous night and Kristen and I took the bus into Dupont, dined on amazing Greek food outside with a bottle of wine. I love the vibe of DC, the culture, the people. It will be cool to explore more once I get back from my summer holiday abroad!
Friday I met Jaime and Jackson for lunch, swing by to see Chrissy and Mom and then headed to Val's for the evening. It was great to just hang out with her, Dan and Zach - love having them just down the street! Friday night I stayed in Frederick -hardly slept because my mind was racing with all that I had not yet done. Saturday morning we went for an early morning walk, bought my euro rail pass and had breakfast. I headed to White Marsh to catch the megabus to NYC - this was a first and actually was not too bad. The bus was crowded and I didn't realize there was a bathroom on it so I did not hydrate myself well on the 3 + hour journey up to New York. Kelly was waiting at the drop off point and it was so great to see her! We grabbed lunch and putzed in some furniture stores before hopping on the subway and taking it up to the upper west side (I think, I am so bad with neighborhoods!) to see her new apartment. It is so cute and in an ideal location. For the first time ever, I could see myself living in the city after walking through neighborhoods on my own, becoming more familiar with the subway and of course, the plethora of food options - LOVE! We met up with Heather Saturday night for her birthday celebration - she didn't know that I was coming and it was so great to see her after too many months. Probably stayed out a bit too late at this cool hooka bar and definitely slept most of the morning away on Sunday. I met Maria and Jason at this amazing venezulan spot for brunch, got to hang with Meredith after, met with Brian in Central Park...it really was such a great weekend! And now I am trying to take deep breaths and prepare myself for the trip of a lifetime - 3 days from now I will be on the plane, heading over to France!

No comments: