We arrived in sunny and sticky, crazy humid Florida yesterday afternoon after planes, shuttles and a huge rental van big enough for us all to fit. The house is quaint and beachy with so many different entrances and flowers growing up and around the balcony. There is a bean shaped pool out back and we are steps away from the gulf where white sand beckons and the water is clear and shades of blue and green. It is safe to say that I am the darkest I have been in quite some time after only our first full day with pretty spots of pink and white for an added bonus. Morgan and I did yoga in the warm water and it felt so incredibly good to have my feet in the sand, to chase the birds with Carter, to look for shells with Morgan and to have no where that we really had to be or nothing to do all day. Anna Maria Island is definitely somewhere that I would come back.
Mother's day is tough for so many people and my heart aches for them. I cannot help but think about how we just learned of Val on this day several years ago and now she is such a part of our lives. I spent Friday afternoon with Jon's mom and I think it was good for both of us. I know that we are forever bound together by the love we have for him and hope that even as the years race by - and they really seem to these days - that will never change.
There are so many women that have shaped me and that I love so much. My heart could burst at mere thought of how unselfish and caring mothers truly are. (Sometimes just watching Tiffany exhausts me) I am rambling and having a hard time trying to eloquently say what I want to say for some reason. It must be a combination of the sea air and sauvignon blanc.
Kristen just said "I am scared that I might fall out of the bed" - and she is not kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment