Wednesday, April 28, 2010

my flight home

Me, my beach bag turned purse because I can fit 2 purses a jacket and other random stuff in it, my cool weekender target bag that is made out of the stuff they used to make car seats out of, my mac, my journals, a bottle of limoncello and three ridiculously heavy bags are currently en route to Baltimore from Chicago where we touched down after a very full and long flight from Oakland. In just over an hour, I will be walking off the plane to a familiar place that I never stopped calling home. Surprisingly, I have only cried once today and believe it or not it was when I was checking my bags in - I know, random. xt and I went to coffee this morning and I finished packing (nothing like having to cross your fingers that the bag will zip close and that it is not packed so full that the zippers will break). I picked up the zip car just as the skies opened up and it started pouring. I drove across the SF Bay Bridge one last time as we danced in our seats and I reflected. I received beautiful cards from close friends that I didn’t even know were out there a few years ago. I feel like so much has changed in my life since I boarded the southwest plane from Baltimore in 2007 not knowing what to expect of this new and exciting city across the country. I have learned more than I thought about life, love, loss, family and happiness and am excited for the next chapter - wherever it may lead!

‘The world is full of people who will go their whole lives and not actually live one day. She did not intend on being one of them.

when faith in myself was so strong

that I believed I could move mountains.’


No comments: