so I have been up for almost hours at this point and it's just after 6 am. Laying in my bed at Christina's for the last time after several remarkable days/weeks/months/years. It has been 3 years since I have become a west coaster and I will miss it. This city will always have a special place in my heart, the people that I have met here have become my family away from home and I am feeling especially lucky and grateful. Even though we leave for the airport in a few hours, I am not sure that the reality has sunk in - there have been many times when I have traveled east for a bit and come back a few weeks later and although I am bringing more luggage with me this time, it still feels like one of those trips.
This past weekend was off-the-charts great. Started with a san jose road trip where we got a flat tire, the Giants snuggie game and mel's on friday to hiking in marin, brunch and a perfect saturday. sunday I ventured out to the east bay for the last time to see uncle B and aunt M and julia's parents. There is much to look forward to these next few weeks and the kick off of my EU trip is just about one month away now...
SF - it has been one heck of a ride
No comments:
Post a Comment