Thursday, April 8, 2010

orange county girl

Right now I am sitting outside overlooking a canyon, sipping my tea and feeling the early morning rays of the sun - it is a charmed life - I must admit. I flew into John Wayne airport on Tuesday afternoon where Christy and the boys were waiting for me. It had been too long since I was here last! The palm trees and heat welcomed me. We spent the evening on the patio drinking red wine, noshing and catching up. Yesterday we headed to Dana Point where we had lunch on the water and then planted ourselves on the beach. It was a perfect beach day - the kind that you are only lucky enough to have every once in a while when the sun is intense but there is a breeze and there are no clouds in the sky. I read and listened to all that was going on around us (how I love to hear what is going on in other peoples lives!) After a few hours, we rented a quad bike and pedaled up and down the strip trying not to run into others. A beach nap was in order - there is nothing like sleeping on the beach. I woke up a bit before 5 pm, we left soon after, stopped for fro yo and then headed back to the house to grill. I connected with Paul yesterday and he presented me with an interesting opportunity which I am considering but I am afraid that the timing is too soon. It would lead me to another new city - not SF and not east coast and so I have a lot to think about...
Hanging with Christy, Kenny and the boys is always great! They are great examples of parents and a family that relocated across country and are totally embracing west coast living. Kevin and Ryan are on spring break this week and Christy is not back to work yet after shoulder surgery so the timing is perfect.
Today we are heading south to San Diego for the day where fish tacos and the beach beckon. I am so looking forward to it. Cope plays there tonight and although I am sad to miss the show, I know that I will get the chance to see him again at another venue somewhere in the world :)

No comments: