April 5, 2010
Focus on the good stuff. It’s as simple and complicated as that. And there is often so much good! Today is a big day for Val and my mom. It is top of mind - I was thrilled to hear from her and Zach on their drive home from the beach yesterday. And am super anxious to hear how tonight goes - more after.
I just found out that Kara’s car was broken into last night. Wires cut in an attempt to steal it (seriously, what is wrong with people?) and her gps that she relies on for work was stolen. I just spoke with her and it seems like even with this unfortunate episode there is good that comes out of it. She met several of her neighbors for the first time and I just know that they will now forever look out for each other and perhaps even become great friends.
I woke up this morning to see that Kelly had the I-am-perfect-for-this-position-and-want-to-move-to-NYC-talk with her boss this morning and as a result they are flying her to the east cost on Thursday for a meeting Friday and apartment hunting this weekend! I am thrilled for her and know that she will be awesome in this role and love all that New York has to offer.
There are so many things on my list of things that I still want to do here in the bay area and people that I want to visit once I return to Maryland/DC. I am hopeful that I can maximize this time - get to spend hours with my grandmother, aunt Margie and crew, friends that are scattered here and there that I want to absorb and catch up with. Fingers crossed that I can make all of this happen and feel more complete as a result.
I want to learn how to meditate. I think that this will only benefit me. I guess that my list keeps growing :) There is so much good - so many happy endings and beginnings that fill my heart, so many people that I love and want to spend time with so many things out there that I want to experience...
No comments:
Post a Comment