Wednesday, June 12, 2013

no good excuses for not writing lately...

A week and a half ago, I found out that a close family friend died. I still don't think that this has completely sunk in... he was laughter and life and stood for all things good. He married his high school sweetheart and became a sheriff. He knew how to make a room laugh and was a wonderful father and friend. Truth be told, he was the president of my fan club. The last time I saw him was last summer and I won't soon forget our conversations or his goodheartedness. Perhaps these are reminders of the type of life I should be living, with no regrets and to live each day like it is your last. To love completely and to put your emotions or things that you want to say right out there where they belong. 
Summer is here and has been rolling right along complete with spider bites, mosquito bumps, snake sightings and learning to take this all with a grain of salt. And yes, I have become that girl who now wears boots and long pants in the middle of summer on the farm. 
The weekend before this past was truly awesome. I got to spend time with Derek and Jessica who were in from LA. It was so nice to soak them up and catch up on the past couple of months - or in some cases years. I also got to introduce them to Dan. We all spent Sunday early evening drinking prosecco on the front porch watching the rain...my happy place. Mind you, this was between his mom's retirement brunch in Edgewater, Colin's benefit gig at Diamondback Tavern and before a bison feast with Kara and Brian. I don't get very many weekend days off so we were doing our best to squeeze in as much as possible. 
Recently, I've been able to see Julia who is going to be an aunt! There is absolutely nothing like it. I melt every time I am around Makenna, Morgan and Carter. And last night Carl and Shiv were in town from London and I took them around Fells Point a bit. I had almost forgotten how much I love the British accents, their different perspective and funny words -- like lush, swish and munch. Now if only I can use them properly. 
I'm itching to go somewhere. It has been a while. I was thinking that we would get out to the west coast this summer and was very much looking forward to that but not sure now if it is in the cards. 
I am open. And oh so happy. 

No comments: