A few days ago was Paige's gender reveal party. I was sad to miss it but was able to get out of work early and head up to Eldersburg to be there for the celebration. It took two hours in traffic but was worth it. She's having a little girl come November! I'm so excited to meet her and have another little one in the family. The moon was ridiculously bright, round, high in the sky and beautiful. After most people had trickled out, we sat outside around the fire pit and listened to the fireworks in the distance and I realized that this is the stuff that summer nights are made of and it felt really good to have one.
Saturday night the moon was equally beautiful and after a long day on Locksley Estate, I headed east. It was so great to see Dan - per the usual. I had a new mix CD waiting! We went to Sam's Waterfront with what seemed like the rest of Annapolis. Eventually we sat outside on the dock right where the boats come in and soaked each other up as well as some dinner and cocktails. It was tough to leave in the rain on Sunday... last night after work, I headed west (I guess its west?). Through rolling countryside and stretches of highway to Winchester to spend the night with Bubi who turned 88 this weekend. She was sitting on the deck when I arrived positioned to watch the moon rise. We ended up in front of the garden bonfire, eating roasted marsh mellows and fruit and watching the moon rise before our eyes. It was very cool to see it partially covered by clouds and then light up the whole sky. Being there reminded me of going to camp many, many years ago.
Bubi shared this with me that she learned when she was in Campfire Girls
I sees the moon
The moon sees me
The moon sees the one that I'd love to see
God bless the moon
God bless me
God bless the one that I'd love to see
No comments:
Post a Comment