Monday, November 22, 2010

Paige's wedding weekend

Wow. What a truly wonderful weekend! Paige was such a beautiful bride, Joe made a great groom and it was so fabulous to be surrounded by so many people that came out to celebrate their special day.
I started getting super excited last week - Friday I met Kim and Kristen - so great to see them! I love it when last minute things work out and Friday was just that kinda day so once they dropped me in Canton, I had a cup of coffee with Jeannine, Casey and Suzy. Nice to see their smiling faces, quickly catch up on my travels and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday plans. Spent the afternoon with Kara and Brian - their house is starting to be baby stuff filled and I love it! Of course, Kara looks great and it is just about one more month until her due date... soon it was time to get ready and then head down to Ellicott City for the rehearsal dinner. Such fun! It was nice to meet Joe's family and see everyone all dressed up and excited for the big day. I had written a little something that I read to the bride and groom and was glad that I did. The wine was flowing (kind of). Kendall and I watched old movies for a while once we got home - she was the cutest thing!
Saturday was a beautiful day. Ken and I headed down to meet Kristen at Bridal headquarters aka suite 520. Thank goodness for her! She certainly took care of all of the details - the day would not have gone as smoothly as it did without her. We were a bit stressed due to this random tennis conference that had invaded the ballroom and was keeping things interesting for us. The next few hours flew by...make up was done, rooms were checked into, family started arriving, Willie's tux didn't fit, Brian didn't have a tie, detours were made on the way to pick up some "necessary items" + and before I knew it, it was almost go time. All 9 of the bridesmaids looked great and when Paige put her dress on, I could not help but tear up. She was glowing...we surrounded her and headed down the halls to get her married! They did great - I loved seeing Joe when he saw her. They were both smiling so big. I wasn't in the ideal spot to take photos ...but we weren't really encouraged to take them as it turns out. The kiss that P was so nervous about was perfect. Cocktail hour was in full swing by the time we joined. I looked around to a sea of faces - some that I hadn't seen in a very long time but knew me as a little girl. Of course the reception flew by! Little G was hilarious and owning the dance floor. It was such a fun night. Randomness like you couldn't even make up at the end and the celebration spilling over to the hotel bar once all was said and done...yesterday I was utterly exhausted and spent most of the day on the couch looking through photos and rehashing the events of the previous day. Congratulations to the Delenicks! :)

No comments: