Wednesday, October 13, 2010

random thoughts on a plane headed east

I haven’t been too good about adding states to my list. I believe I am only about half way there and it has been a while since there has been a new one added to the list.

Yesterday I took BART out to the east bay to spend time with the Bradley’s. But first I ventured down to the Haight - one of the most original places that I have ever been. Always interested people watching. A guy asked me to spare change for coffee -I appreciated the fact that he was honest (at least I got the feeling that he was) and really what makes him and his life different than mine. How is it that he is sitting on the street and I am on my way to dress shop for Paige’s big day? I gave him the coffee that I was almost finished with. I am sure a half caf nonfat almond latte was not what he was expecting but hopefully he enjoyed it anyway. I wanted to make a stop at Ambiance to see if I could find something for a November wedding. Found a great deal - under $30 and tried not to miss too much going a little crazy there like I used to every so often.

Uncle Bud is doing much better than he was. He wants to get back on the golf course which he should be able to do next week. Hopefully they will get the chance to come out to the east coast in the next few months or so. Last night Christina, Julia and I watched the Giants play off game in North Beach with many other baseball fans. It is funny to me how into sports people get. I love the excitement and energy at games but can’t imagine having my mood determined by whether a team wins or loses or spending an arm and leg on tickets - I think I am in the minority though.

Lately I have been trying to reach out more. Hoping that I am not imposing but not wanting to miss opportunities to see people that make me happy and that I connect with.

Missing holidays this year. As it turns out, I have not been in the US to celebrate the following: Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July and I suppose the trend will continue by being in Hong Kong and flying to Bangkok on October 31st.

I can listen to a song that I love over and over again without getting tired of it. Whether it be Bad Romance, Wish You Were Here or my latest and greatest: Home. Home is whenever I am with you - love that line!


“That was then, this is now.” Fox Sports bartender, Eddie @ PHX airport who left NY in 1958 and has not been back since. He paid $10 to see the Brooklyn Dodgers play in the world series back in the day and said now you cannot even park at a sporting event for the same price.

No comments: