Tomorrow my Asian adventure begins! I am amazingly calm even though I am a bit nervous about all of the logistics and not knowing the first thing about the language or even about where I am going (no travel books or partner - yikes!) I don't think I could have possibly made any more Target runs, my bag is looking like a pharmacy so hopefully I am prepared for any little ailment that might come my way. And so, this might be my last posting for the month of October which is soon coming to an end. But more to come in a few weeks about a far-away land...bon voyage
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
family weekend and leaving on a jet plane
The weekend has come and gone and after much planning and preparing by so many of us, I must admit, it was pretty marvelous. I spent the night on "the campus" Friday night with Kendall. Chrissy, Lisa and I went to happy hour which was a bit like stepping back in time. I was not as productive as I wanted to be and had been totally sucked in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...Saturday was gorgeous. The perfect fall day - sunny, with crunchy leaves on the ground and colored trees lining the streets. I received some fabulous news on the way to the club...absolutely love when wonderful things happen to fabulous people. Somehow even though we were all coming from a million different directions a bunch of us got there to set up right at the same time. The baby clothes line was hung, pictures were set up, the guest of honor arrived, mimosas were served and viola! the shower was in full swing. Kara was glowing and received so many wonderful things for baby Makenna. I loved being surrounded by so many loving, strong and amazing women. I actually didn't want to leave - even after the last game was played and people started getting on the road. We lingered out front for some time (okay, maybe some photos were taken) The next day we went to the O mansion in DC for tea with Morgan. I had no idea what to expect but it was actually very cool. There are over 32 secret doors and 100 rooms in the mansion and before you wander through checking everything out and scavenger hunting, you are served tea in the tea room and can pile your plate high with pastries. All in all a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment