1) when I moved back to the east coast this past spring
2) when I returned to the states after 2 + amazing months in Europe
3) when I spent a few days back in sf after being gone for 6 months
But according to something that I recently read, it is not things that change, but us. Or in this case, Me. Have I been changing in ways that I have not noticed?
My weekend kicked off with a very much delayed flight. Sitting on the runway trying to kill time, I started talking to the girl sitting in the aisle to my window seat. She mentioned that her and her husband may soon be moving to san francisco. I tried to give her as much advice and guidance and things to see and do and of course my favorite places to eat. I could not even remember that names of many which almost made me crazy but I suppose when I have been trying to emerge myself in a new place that is what happens. Barted to downtown once arriving in SF and then went on a bit of a scavenger hunt to pick up the keys to muni out to the Richmond before throwing myself together and meeting Jennie in Hayes Valley for dinner. We had not seen each other since glorious France. It was good to catch up and enjoy glasses of red wine. The past two days have been filled with running around the city catching up with people, noshing on delciousness, watching a good bit of sports and washing it all down with cocktails. Christina and I covered a good bit of ground yesterday and today and in some ways it feels like I have never left. And yet, there are things that I notice are not the same whether it is the signs on the bus, the people or the storefronts. The city will always have such a special place in my heart and is some place that I hope to come back to often -- and not feel like I have to cram everything into just a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment