Wednesday, February 10, 2010

south america bound!

I am sitting on my bedroom floor, surrounded by my luggage, listening to Lady Ga, looking forward to my flight down to the southern hemisphere this time tomorrow. I will try my best to blog when I am away - I'd like to so that so I can keep all of my people abreast of everything that I am doing and seeing and experiencing. But many of the places that we will be most likely will not have internet cafe's and so I hope to write is all down in a way to go back easily in my head. Snow is coming down like crazy back east. Gorgeous, crippling inches and inches and coat the roads and roofs and make it pretty much impossible for everyone to be anywhere but where they are this very minute. As we feared, Karen's flight tomorrow was cancelled - exhale - she was thankfully able to get a flight out of DC on Friday and will meet me at our hotel late that night. So the first 48 hours or so I will be on my own which will be an adventure in itself (or at least that is how I have been trying to look at it). Here is the hotel we will stay in our first few nights in Lima - http://www.casa-andina.com/peru/hotels/miraflores-hotels/classic-miraflores-centro/hotel.php And so I will try to get used to not having my phone glued to my ear, not listening to my music, not knowing what people around me are saying, not having all of the luxuries that I tend to take for granted as I board my Continental flight at 9 am and head to a land I have never been but will get to know pretty well in the next few weeks.
Tonight I am meeting up with the aol crew for cocktails which will be fun. Last night Jen and I realized how much we really need to get cracking on NZ where we will be this time next month! Bon Voyage - xoxo

No comments: