Saturday, February 27, 2010

the BIG news

Hope that you are sitting down for this one - starts many, many years ago and came full circle this past Monday when I was in Puno.
Several month's before I moved west, on Mother's Day actually, we found out that mom had given birth to a beautiful baby girl back in the 60s. We all cried and wanted to find her to put it mildly. One week ago today, my brillant sister became obsessed with this and spent the entire day researching online and finally, late last Saturday night she found her! After all of this time! I had no idea that any of this was going on while I was wrapped up in my travels. Monday afternoon after returning from Lake Titicaca and the incredible home stay we did there, I wanted so badly to talk to mom and called her from the lobby of our hotel. She asked about my trip and then told me a lot has been going on. The run-down: Sunday she sent an email to Valerie's brother on facebook. Monday morning she was on the phone with a friend when her other phone rang - on the end was Val! They talked, it was wonderful and like a dream come true and she was going to meet her daughter and her family that very night! I was so overcome by emotion I couldn't help bawling for happy endings and how complete and wonderful my mom sounded. And so I changed my flight so that I could be home this weekend and meet this amazing woman that is part us and happens to live not too far down this road. Tomorrow she is coming to meet all of us - what a reunion it will be! I hate wishing time away but how I wish it was tomorrow so that I can see her and soak her up - this older sister of mine that has already brought our family SO MUCH JOY. We are friends on facebook so it's official :) My mom is beside herself - she cannot stop talking about how great Sunday will be, how much we will all love her and how in love she is with Zach (Val's precious 10 year old) that reminds her of Pop-pop. Whew...it's so much to even think about and wrap my arms around. Our lives are forever changed and this time tomorrow we will be waiting for her to walk through the door. I just gained a sister - and couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

Unreal. How utterly amazing and I hope you are having a wonderful day today! What an amazing event!

And another sister... just what you girls need!