Tuesday, February 9, 2010

mondays and my LA family

You know what is so great about not working? It's not all of the many things that I get done during the day (because really, that is so not the case somehow) - it is the fact that I really don't dread Mondays. Mondays are now just like any other day - and how amazing is that!? Its a whole new world where it's cool it's Friday or the weekend but those days can be just as amazing as a random Wednesday or what have you.
I spent the weekend in the city of Angeles. It was filled with wonderful people, unique and amazing food, gallons of red wine, car time on the freeway and sweet Kianna. I seriously love the crew down there and they are always so very good to me. Friday was Colin's birthday and we celebrated Julia Child style with some of the most ridiculously delish french food that I have ever had. It was so good to see Derek and Nicole! Saturday we ventured to the Grove for lunch and some shopping. That night I met with with Tom, Aom, Shiv and some of their friends at The Geisha House for sushi ad sake and somehow ended up at Boulevard 3 - a club in hollywood. I know, I know - I am such a club girl. It was actually a good time and not my typical Saturday night by any stretch of the imagination. Sunday we went into Venice and Santa Monica. It was so nice to have sand between my toes and play with Kianna at the playground. That night there was another elaborate dinner party where we dined on flatbread, butterscotch pork tenderloin and then some...I went to bed full, buzzed and happy.
And now I am trying to get stuff crossed off of my list of things to get done in the next 36 hours before I leave for South America! The latest and greatest is that there is another snow storm that is supposed to hit Maryland in the next day or so and we are nervous that Karen may not be able to get out on Thursday as planned to meet me at the airport in Lima. Whew. Deep breaths - I can do a day or two in a foreign country by myself, right? I mean that is what this self discovery once in a lifetime experience is about.

No comments: