I must confess that when I hear the word amazon - an online site pops into my head where you can buy a certain book that you have been wanting to read or a CD that contains a song that you haven't been able to get out of your head. This changed for me yesterday. Considering the mud slides in Peru, we have a few extra days to play with and the Amazon has come up. Quite frankly, it makes sense to do this while we are so close and so my vote is why not. When else will I get this chance and it's totally something I can handle - right? So after meeting Kelly at Pete's yesterday morning for coffee and hilarious conversation, I decided to start packing for this experience. Only none of my clothes seem to be amazon friendly...oh, isn't this going to be interesting...I am definitely going with the whole less is more motto considering that we will be staying in the jungle under mosquito netting for 2-3 nights and then on the floating island for a night. Next week at this time, I will be in the air making my way to Lima after a month and a half or so of planning with my favorite travel agent :)
I met Izabella and Christina at The Board Room for several cocktails after they got off of work. I will truly miss nights like this. My new thing is to try so hard not to repeat any spots and so we ventured to this new mexican spot just down the road after friending the Canadian bartender - it was ridiculous. Fresh, delicious and very reasonable ($13/each) - Don Pistos in North Beach - should you ever get the opportunity to go, do it. XT and I were laughing so hard it hurt because I came up with 40 + things that she was thinking.
Today I am dropping my stuff off at the office, getting ready for my weekend in LA with the Bickley's and crew and running around. I am also justifying a $10 or under manicure :)
No comments:
Post a Comment