Monday, December 21, 2009
what I love about...
This was the title of what was read to me late tonight after I got home from a night of running around Columbia. I love to walk into the house (okay, okay - stumble, I was carrying shopping bags, groceries of sorts and random other bags that I have been living out of while I have been without my suitcases and stuff these past few days * more on that later) Kara and Brian are on their couch in their comfs, Christmas lights are on, presents are wrapped and under the tree or spread out waiting to be wrapped and I can take a deep breath finally. Only tonight was not like every other night...Kara decided she wanted to give me a present early and she whips out this gorgeous looking paper and starts reading. "What I love about You Kelly Choy" - minutes and paragraphs and tears and smiles go by and she sums up me to a tee (everything from knowing all of the words to buffalo stance to introducing them to coffee and how I pick up but don't clean). I am overwhelmed by love and by emotions and laughter at some of her funny thoughts and comments and mostly just speechless that she spent the time putting this together. There were things in there that I didn't realize about myself until she pointed them out! How is it possible to put all of that into words and then communicate it so beautifully. If love was a liquid, I would be spilling it all over the floor at the moment. I am blown away by the ins and outs of sisterhood and how I have these 4 amazing women in my life that I am lucky enough to go through everything with. They make me feel like I am never alone no matter when I may be but rather part of a pack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment