Twelve short days until Christmas - I really need to get shopping. Shopping...I have such a love/ hate relationship with. On one hand, I can shop until I drop. On the other, I have to be in the mood, I am not a fan of going from hot to cold and then back to hot or cold again, I also don’t like carrying heavy bags, coats, etc. I have to walk quickly by the trendy boutiques that line Union and so many other streets in sf. I am so looking forward to being around everyone back home - soaking them up. I wonder how it will feel to wake up and not have to go to work, to do what I want with my time. Great news on the travel front! Kara put Karen and I in touch. She is recently back from a year in Korea and we are going to get together and figure out where and when and what and all of that good stuff. So this is really happening...!
It was secret santa week at work. I drew Jeremiah and my goodness is it hard to stick to $3 and to buy for a boy. Ironically enough, Christina had me, I had Jeremiah and Jeremiah had Christina. The big reveal was Friday with mimosas and pictures in front of the huge tree in the lobby. It is such a good group of people that I will miss. Friday night xtin and I went and saw The Blindside. It was incredibly moving and inspiring - it is amazing the difference having a support system can be. I am lucky to have been born into one and to have formed one over the years that is truly irreplaceable.
Saturday turned out to be a pretty amazing day. I actually didn’t rush out of the apartment and instead started going through things which is long overdue. I cannot get over what I have accumulated through the years. After several hours of this, I put together a random bag and headed over to Geary Street. We made brunch at Christina’s and then hung out for the next few hours. I can’t help but be a little impressed with myself at how quickly I was able to get ready after hearing from p. We met up at the little london deli bar up the street which as it turns out is the smallest pub west of the mississippi. It was great to see him and catch up - after a few beers - some that other patrons bought us- we headed to R+G’s in Chinatown and ended the night at Notte...now I am sitting here surrounded by piles of clothes, Christmas cards, suitcases and clean floors :)
No comments:
Post a Comment