On my way home tonight I couldn't help but notice that so many people (myself included) were engrossed with their blackberrys, iphones, ipods, phones to even pay attention to anything that was going on around them. The person that was sitting next to or across from them or really anything outside of what was going on in their own little small, electronic world. When did this happen? It wasn't the case 10 years ago when I was in college (omg - was it really that long ago?! how is that possible?) Are there less people that we get to actually interact with face to face because of the amount of time that we are instead engrossed in a text, a message, a conversation, checking facebook, etc. I want to be better about this and not get caught up in the way that it is. I mean if I had been so concerned with what my phone had to offer this morning, I totally might have missed my bus crush and that would have been a shame.
I love when people say happy holidays and mean it. Honestly, I think that my heart sings and I cannot help but smile when I hear this sincere wish from one to another.
I am not too much closer to making any sort of decision - although by this time next week, I won't be able to say that. I can see both paths in my future which makes it difficult and so I need to list and budget and weigh some things versus others and see how it all unfolds. Am I brave enough to leave something that I am comfortable with and explore the unknown? Would I regret it if I did not? What will the future hold? And if I can go anywhere that I want for a while, where would it be? So many questions and possibilities....
No comments:
Post a Comment