Friday, October 9, 2009

only in san francisco

Okay, okay... I really want to finish all about my Europe trip but I feel the need to address the here and now for a bit - so, I digress.
I always say what I truly love about this city is that you can have whatever you want whenever you want it (and let's face it, if you really want something bad enough, you should be able to have it without having to wait until the next day/week/what have you). Of course most of this relates to food- thai food at 2:30 am - done. A transvestite dance show to Brittany Spears with a nice 4 course meal - check. After a pretty stressful and fairly yucky week having to do mostly with fraud alerts from the bank and boy stuff, I decided to treat myself to a massage. This brillant plan did not pop into my head until about 5 pm...most spots that offer this service would be about closing - not in this city. I was able to get into tru at 6 pm for a 75 minute relaxation, full body massage...a really spectacluar way to start the weekend. Fleet Weekend - another thing unique to this town. The Blue Angels come to town every October to fly in perfect formation between buildings, over the bay and just above roof-tops. It's the perfect excuse to day drink outside with a bunch of people that you don't know that well :) I love that there are farmers markets almost every day of the week and that people find a way to recycle everything. I have never been anywhere else that you can walk down the street and be hit with the smell of weed that's so stong, it's as if you just inhaled yourself. I love that it puts on festivals like HSB which was last weekend in Golden Gate Park - hardly strictly bluegrass - and thousands of people of all ages, shapes and walk of life gravitated to the various stages to hear Robert Earl Keen and others. I think its hilarious that there are so many dogs and bikes and when you hear certain things about people that live here - you really just aren't too surprised and it's almost like it's the norm. Only in sf would something like this go down: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/matierandross/detail?entry_id=49176&tsp=1

No comments: