This week really flew by. We had our west coast sales summit on Monday/Tuesday at Cavello Point - just over the Golden Gate Bridge in Saulsalito. It was an army base that was recently re-done and now is a hotel/resort with ridiculous views of SF and the bridge. I was dreading it a bit but ended up enjoying myself. It was good to see everyone from LA and my room was so nice - complete with a fire place and walk in closet (how nice that would be to have instead of my crammed, hall, make-shift closet that is literally bursting at the seams). Tuesday - Jennie and I ventured to Yabbies on Polk for oysters - or two dozen. Wednesday - Christina and I made dinner at her house and hung out. Thursday - group of us went out for happy hour and to celebrate Iz's 30th and Jason's 25th birthdays. Enter my Friday... I was hungry, tired and thirsty from Thursday night's activities and the fact that I could have out-lasted Christina and Izabella which is extremely unusual. I've been wanting a computer for some time and decided that last night was going to be the big night. I ran some errands after work and then ventured down to the Apple store on Chestnut where I spent the my exciting Friday night. 2 hours and $1300 later, I walked out of the store with my NEW MAC laptop that I am such a huge fan of and passed many costumes on my way home so that I could play on my toy - and I did- for the next few hours in fact and needed to actually drag myself out of the house this morning so that I didn't continue to do so for the majority of today. To say that I have much to learn is a ridiculous understatement... I don't even know how to make this window bigger which is literally making me crazy and frustrated. But I am planning on taking some classes and figuring this thing out so that I can do all sorts of crazy things on it. I bought the word processing program and my plan is to start writing. What exactly, I am not 100% sure yet but I think that it will come to me. I also bought the warranty (3 years so look out) and the one to one sessions.
I've made it a personal goal to hit the gym every day until I leave to go home for Thanksgiving which is actually only two weeks from today. So far so good - I skipped last Saturday since Ang was here but otherwise have dragged myself there to get some cardio in. This morning I went to the gym and then took the yoga fusion class. Afterward, I met Harris and we had breakfast at Polkers and coffee and caught up.
So NYC, here I come! It's been years and I am so looking forward to seeing my Long Island family, Heather and Meredith.
Okay, I have to hop off or I will soon become one with this couch...and plan to get out for a bit and enjoy this day (or spend part of it drinking draft beer in a bar watching college football - same thing, right?) xoxo
1 comment:
Congrats on the new Mac!! There's nothing like it ;~)
Post a Comment