Sunday, October 25, 2009

a hodge podge

I have been up and down the west coast a good bit this past week. Last weekend, I ventured down to Orangel County to hang with Kenny, Christy and the boys. We went to Crystal Cove on Saturday and Sunday rented a Duffy boat and floated around Newport Harbor (I'm On a Boat!). It was a great weekend for sure. Tuesday I flew up to Seattle to have lunch with a client - just a quick day trip.
So I finally took the plunge and am now a zip car member (I know, I know - very city of me). The means that I get another card to shove in my wallet...but this one is almost magical. If I hold it in just the right position on the windshield of the car that I reserved online- POOF - doors unlock, keys inside and I am on my way.
Yesterday was my first experience with this and I must say, it was crazy convenient and easy and I imagine that I will partake again soon.
Angi arrived from Boulder on Friday night. Julia, Jennie, Angi and I had a few cocktails at Tonic and then ventured into North Beach for some heavy, delicious italian food and wine. It was a great group and fun night! Saturday AM, Angi and I hit the french place for breakfast and then bused over to the Ferry Building to check out the local vendors and organic, colorful, local food. We picked up an herb slab which is exactly what it sounds like and some mt tam cheese from cowgirl creamery and then pixked up the car, meet up with Christina and hit the road for Sonoma on such a glorious Saturday. I know I've probably said this a million and one times, but I really just love wine country and could spend every weekend among the vines. Viansa, Buena Vista and Gundlach Bundsuh - all amazing wine. We had dinner at Scoma's in Saulsalito before going to the Marin Headlinds for photo ops. I had never been here before and oh my! Some of the most gorgeous views of the bridge and sunsets...I can't even put it into words. Needless to say, we were exhausted from all of the fresh air, fabulous food and many many tastes.
Last week I received Angel cards in the mail from mom. These are beautiful, inspiration daily guidance cards that I already love. I choose Perfect Timing two days in a row --"Now is the perfect moment for you to act on your inspirations. The doors are open, while you walk through them with us by your side. Don't delay or procrastinate, as all of the ingredients are ripe for your success, Everything and everyone is on your side, supporting your positive outcome"
According to FindYourSpot, the city that suits me the best is San Diego. Interesting, huh? Rounding out the top 6 - Orange County, Little Rock, Honolulu, Las Vegas and Baltimore.

No comments: