Sunday, October 19, 2008

yoga and hats

Today is the first chilly, fallish day in the city. Brunch didn't end up panning out -- it is my favorite meal of the week, the bloody marys, the choice of breakfast and lunch, the coffee , the laziness of it all-- I did, however, feel the need to try to make sense of my apartment ** even when this happens, I somehow never get to fully complete the project. It drives me crazy - I know I need more storage and less stuff - working on that...
I ventured into Union Square. The Nike Marathon was today and it was very cool and inspiring to see all of these women roaming around having just accomplished something so amazing. I hit some stores, took the cable car to Chinatown (where else can you buy peppers, kiwi, lemons, carrots, zuchini, cilantro, brocoli, etc for less than $5?) and eventually worked my way back to my hood after getting a mani/pedi at Glamorous on Columbus. It was most definitely a hat day and there were such cute hats spotted all over the place. I want to get a knit one that is a little more practical than what I am sporting now. The slightly crazy but nice man outside of my lunch cafe told me that he loved my hat and it was so me - now how he knows what "me" is, I have no idea but it was nice of him :)
Lucky for me, I found that Crunch has a 6 pm "virgin yoga" class on Sunday nights. I really enjoyed it and felt like it was so good to stretch and breathe- although let me just state for the record that it is not as easy as it looks and I was struggling with some of the moves that everyone else seems to be able to do so easily. The instructor was super cool as yoga gurus typically are. I am going to try to make it a point to go when I am able to.
I got an email from Jenn tonight - she is expected baby 3! I am excited for her and do hope that we will have the chance to see each other one of these days. Its been 12 years or so which is insane...lots of babies are coming into my life lately and in the near future - more opportunities to buy baby clothes - I had no idea just how fun that really is - got some great deals at Children's Place the other night for Carter, Jackson, Siena and Morgan.

"May your life be crowded with unexpected joys"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kel,

loved reading about your weekend adventures :) Did you recently go to Maui? If so lucky lucky girl!
Moved Jamie in this weekend.........she loves her new job:):)
Have fun at your shin dig tonight!!! love ya, Lynnie

Kelly C Choy said...

awww, thanks Lynnie! Would love Jamie's address - so glad she is happy with her job. YES - Hawaii is the most beautiful place I have ever been - I highly recommend it.