Sunday, October 26, 2008

sunday night

Could the weekend possibly be over already? I do love Sundays though - although I think of them as family days. I remember Sundays in Laurel but I wish that I recalled more specifics- everyone was there and we would have dinner - it was warm and loud and a million things were happening at once.
Yesterday I went out to Berkeley for the afternoon - such a cute town. I could totally live there. There are definitely some crazies and my goodness I couldn't go 4 steps without someone wanting to talk politics or asking if I knew what proposition2 or 8 or whatever is. I will be glad when the election is over. Sometimes I wish that I was more political but at the end of the day, there is just more important things to me - call me crazy. Maybe that will change as I get older - who knows.
Last night I took a bus down to the Mission and met Brian, his roommate Jeff and his girlfriend Mimi. We wandered around Valencia and I really need to go down there more.There are tons of restaurants, bars, stores -much like my neck of the woods but different. We went to this fabulous tapas spot -- ate lots of good food, drank a few pitchers of sangria -- all in all a great night.
Today I cleaned, went to Washington Square - it has been so warm - and read, putzed around a bit, went on a walk with Iz and Chloe, went to my new yoga class which I am trying really hard to make a regular thing and then came home and cooked like a mad woman. Banana bread is in the oven, I busted out the crock pot for the first time this fall and threw together some random things on made this really good chicken - I mean I am very impressed with myself at the moment.
There is a chance that I am going to NY for a few days next week. I wish that I was able to spend more time there and see everyone. In two weekends, I will be in Aneheim with Tiff, Chris, Morgan and Carter - it will be so fun!
Halloween is later this week which means the holidays are right around the corner. I was in Bmore last year at this time. Need to book my December flight! Actually should do that now...

"Life is slippery. Here, take my hand"

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love this!! I had no idea you were such a good writer. Keep it up!