Monday, August 7, 2017
Turning 39
A lot can happen in 15 months. I was sitting downstairs after putting Ryan down for the night, eating cake by myself and checking email/catching up on the day. I saw an email from my grandmother urging me to blog...I can't say no to her and I've missed it. So here I am. Deciding where to start with a wet head after our "rain shower" (about 2 weeks ago I introduced Kyle to the shower versus the bath and he hasn't looked back. We go in together and laugh as the water tickles us. Amazing that the shower used to be a place of peace where I could grab several minutes to myself but not anymore and I'm okay with it. I love his big grin and giggles and spiky, wet eye lashes). I turned 39 two days ago. Its been a great weekend of celebrating. I am a Leo after all and we like to drag these birthday things out for days and days if not weeks! Saturday morning we loaded the boys in the car and drove to main street Sykesville - grabbed coffees and headed to the park. We had the place to ourselves and Kyle was delighted. He wanted to watch the skate boarders (wow. so cool mommy) and walk the wall like a tightrope (he counted to 22!) I fed Ryan his breakfast and soaked up the vitamin D and unseasonably cool but clear and gorgeous day. Ryan - we found out that Kyle was going to be a big brother around Memorial Day of last year. Pregnancy was different the second time around and while running after an extremely active and emotional toddler. Ryan Garrett Kerr entered our world on January 23 and nothing has been the same since. It has been an adjustment to say the least to parent to two little ones but we are in such a good place recently and for that I am incredibly grateful. Ryan is an absolute joy. He is easy-going and sweet. He rarely cries and is a pretty good sleeper. He smiles with his whole entire face and sucks in when he laughs. He loves watching his big brother and is rolling around and inching like crazy. He is so very close to crawling. He makes everyone light up and feel so special. He is amazing. I love him to pieces. After the park and our pretty perfect morning, we headed home and I went to get a manicure and then met Chrissy, mom and Kara at Baldwin's for lunch. I'm lucky. I know this. Yesterday I took Kyle to the farmers market (his favorite thing this week was the hula hoops) and the farm store then Dan drove him around to try to get him to nap before our big outing at Black Ankle. The timing and everything worked out perfectly. We spent the afternoon there and it was so much fun! Great to be with family and new and old friends. The littles had a great time too. Dan totally surprised me this year. He get us u2 tickets. In. San Diego! We are going for 5 days next month without the boys. It is going to be tough to be away from them but I cannot wait for the concert and our vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment