Tuesday, August 15, 2017
the beach and wasps
It was a pretty wonderful long weekend. On Thursday morning, the boys and I drove down to Delaware. Can we just take a moment to recognize the fact that I used to be afraid to be alone with these two and now here we are at 2.5 years and 6 months and I'm driving 3 hours with them by myself! I'm happy to report it was a much better trip down this time than the first. We stopped off for breakfast and diaper changes in Annapolis and both boys fell asleep once we were over the Bay Bridge. Our first stop was the Rehoboth boardwalk. I have so many great memories here! I parked blocks away and broke out the double stroller to wheel my two littles as close to the ocean as we could get without me having to navigate the stroller in the sand. The smells, sights, tastes and sounds completely delighted my senses. I snagged a few slices of Grottos and we headed to Funland. Kyle was so interested in all of the games and lights. It was very cool to see him taking it all in. The duck pond game delighted him and he hung out there for 10 minutes or so while I gave Ryan his bottle. I was thinking that he would love the rides -- and he did --- from afar. I bought several tickets but he wanted nothing to do with actually riding in the rides and so we watched them and talked about them and after a while headed to meet up with Grace and Trey at the pool. I was super impressed with how Kyle was soon jumping in like he's been doing it forever. Saturday we drove back to Annapolis in a horrendous storm and then the skies completely changed and it was sunny and a perfect boat day. Dan and I met Jeff and Towney and actually took the boat under the bridge and over to dinner on Kent Island. It was so much fun! We had to race back to beat the rain and it was a bit scary because there were no other boats around but we made it. Sunday night I was taking out the recycling and Kyle went into his little hideout on the deck and came running out screaming Mommy! I saw all of these bees swarming and yelled for Dan. Poor buddy was stung 8 + times by these wasps - on his hand, chin, arm and back. Completely heart-breaking. He was so much better the next morning thankfully and didn't have any crazy type of reaction but it sure was scary. Parenthood is sure not for the weak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment